cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone number not showing correct number

DarinJones7264
Level 1
Level 1

Have a number that is a translation pattern (3366791234). When the user calls from (3368495678) the number on the recieving end comes across as the translation pattern number (3366791234) not the actually number they are calling from  (3368495678).  Any ideas on how to start to trouble shoot this, or any ideas on what the issue is? Have changed the masking on the number but it still comes across as the translation pattern . 

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

So vague description. You didn't mentioned neither the phone you are using nor the call-control device the phone is connected to. You mentioned no exact configuration of the affected feature. No way to help, sorry.

Ask again, please, not here but in appropriate community according the equipment you have, and disclose at least some details about the environment you are speaking off. Thank you for your understanding.

Sorry for the vague description, new to this system.

What type of information would be more helpful?

All we know is - you have issue with calling.  We don't know what equipment you are speaking of here. And call protocol (SIP / ISDN / POTS / Something else ). So start with these. I even don't know what you mean "translation pattern". I assume it's a term related to configuration of something but I'm pretty sure the configuration of translation pattern (whatever it is) is more complex than just single number ...

In short - describe the equipment you are using to call, describe at least basic configuration of your phone network.