Views
Helpful
Replies

PLAR and Hotline support across cluster

rashmi814
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I would like to know if CUCM support PLAR/Hotline support across cluster for FXS or SIP phones. I have CUCM release 11.X across cluster. What's major difference between PLAR and Hotline? I see that configuration is same except hotline use route class setting on Route pattern.

Thanks,

7 Replies 7

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Both are more or less same operationwise but just configured in a diff way.

In CUCM, hotline is achieved by creating an empty translation pattern with corresponding CSS, partition as explained here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/47601-config-hotdial.html

In Gateways, you need to configure an extension as plar opx destination on the FXS port configuration so that when the analog phone connected to fxs port offhook, it tries to call that extension.

For SIP phones in CUCM, you can use the first option.

HTH

Rajan

Pls rate all useful posts

Thanks Rajan. I have intercluster dialing enabling. Do you know if I can ring extension which is on another cluster using PLAR. For SIP phone, Do I need to configure SIP dial rules?

Yes. You can ring as long as the CSS you are assigning on the translation pattern has access to the partition of the destination being dialled. In this case the partition of the intercluster trunk to another cluster.

For SIP phones, you need SIP dial rules for plar to work. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_5_2/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_C3A84B33_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_1052/CUCM_BK_C3A84B33_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_chapter_0101000.pdf

HTH

Rajan

Thanks, this works. I was able to ring across cluster. I have couple question as below.

1> If I want to ring multiple phones, do I need to create huntgroup.

2> For multiple phone with PLAR configuration, Do I need separate Partition/CSS for each blank translation? I can create single PLAR partition and CSS.

Thanks,

1. if each phone has unique DN then yes hunt group would be the way to go, simply define the destination of the PLAR TP to be the hunt pilot

2. Correct, it's a one-to-one relationship 

I need to ring one DN in same cluster and another number in different cluster. I can not have route Pattern which routes across cluster in Hunt Line group.

Any thoughts on how to ring two devices for PLAR. One DN is within cluster, second DN is on another cluster.

The only option to achieve this would be to setup single number reach configuration with remote destination being destination on the other cluster. So, PLAR points to extension X, extension X is defined with remote desktop profile and remote destination of extension Y.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: