Views
Helpful
Replies

PLAR Configuration

samanlawa77
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I was wondering if you could assist with finding out why I cannot get my PLAR setup working. I am using  Cisco Unified CM, System version: 7.0.1.

I did the following setup

• Partition Name: Taxi_PT-9719S

• Calling Search Spac: TaxiCSS

and Selected Partition: Taxi_PT-9719S

• Created a translation Pattern where

Partition: Taxi_PT-9719S
        Calling Search Space: TaxiCSS

• on Called Party Transformations

Called Party Transform Mask: (I wrote a mobile number for testing)
        Prefix Digits (Outgoing Calls): 1 (This is thenumber we need to dial if we want to call outside numbers)

Then went to Device>Phone, opened the devide properties and in Association Information

• Added Directory Nmuber: 9179

Route Partition: Taxi_PT-9719S
       Calling Search Space: TaxiCSS

BUT when phone goes off hook - call cannot be completed as dialed is played

Can you tell what went wrong?

Thanks very much for your help

Regards

Saman

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mark-hudson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Saman

Assuming your CSS you have assigned to the phone is the Taxi-CSS then I think the only change you need to make is in the Translation Pattern.

Is the checkbox to make the call a Urgent Priority ticked. If not then that should do the trick.

Please rate helpful posts.

Mark

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mark-hudson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Saman

Assuming your CSS you have assigned to the phone is the Taxi-CSS then I think the only change you need to make is in the Translation Pattern.

Is the checkbox to make the call a Urgent Priority ticked. If not then that should do the trick.

Please rate helpful posts.

Mark

Mark

Yes, urgent priority is ticked. I am attaching a screen shot for Translation Pattern Configuration

Hi Saman

How are calls routed out of your gateways? Do they automatically add the prefix needed to get an outside line.

If thats the case then it may be that in the Tranalstion Pattern you don't need the checkbox ticked to Provide Outside Dial Tone.

The other thing to try is running the number through the DNA to ensure its routing correctly.

Mark

phooghen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have a look at the following example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080232b9f.shtml

The Phone DN CSS should be TaxiCSS

Pierre.

Phoghen,

Thanks a lot for the link, I did follow this, but still did not help. Do you think PLAR configuration depends on the model of Cisco Phones, or it can be an Cisco IP phone?

regards

Saman