Views
Helpful
Replies

Please Help Cisco 7965-G Blank Screen!

samansrealtor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance for any assistance provided. I have a Cisco 7965-G phone. When I bought the phone, the screen was not blank. I did the 123456789*0# and every time I would do this it would just freeze on the updating screen. I have tried this 20 times and it does the same thing.

Then I went on youtube  to see if there was anything else. Someone recommended trying Key Sequence 3 4 9 1 6 7 2 8 5 0 * # and this is when my phone went blank. Now when I try to power on the phone only the first 2 buttons turn yellow.

I know it is due to the firmware, and on the forums people recommended to update the firmware, but this is where I am stuck on since I am a beginner. I have downloaded both Solar winds, and TFTPd32. My phone is only powered by the power cord, i have no router plugged in to the phone, I need to buy a extra wire for it. Is this another reason why I am having troubles getting TFTP to work?

The firmware file I downloaded from the Cisco website is cmterm-7945_7965-sccp.9-4-2-1SR3-1

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I really need to get this phone up and running so I can start using it for my business! 

Thank you in advance for any assistance, and if you need more information from me, I will be more than happy to share it with you guys!

Thank you again. 

6 Replies 6

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Follow below procedure

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/96856/upgrade-firmware-3rd-party-tftp-server-tfpd32

Thank you Haris. For some reason it won't let me download CUCM 7.1.5 on cisco website. It says "Additional entitlement required."

Follow below process

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/200582-Update-Cisco-IP-Phone-Firmware-through-T.html

I have attached Default XML file from My CUCM

So do I just add that in the TFTP folder I made? Or what should i do with the Default XML. 

Hello,

I am stuck on what to use on TFTP for my ip address as I took a photo because when I do ipconfig on CMD it gives me 3 options for IP. Can you or anyone please tell me which one I should be using please?

Thank you as I really need to get this phone back up and running for my business. Also what version should I download for the firmware should I try a really old one first?

Use the IP of the LAN , i believe the first one from your snapshot, other are adapters from VMware etc.

Try latest firmware.

Thanks

haris