Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Point-to-Point call with VOIP

We are developing a point-to-point wireless infrastructure to exchange data between two sites. We will need also to guarantee voice communication between the two sites and hence install two voice terminals on each site. VoIP seems the best choice.

I was wondering if the CISCO IP SPA series devices allows to establish direct calls between two VOIP terminal installed on each side of this link (which shall be on the same LAN) without SIP or PBX.

It seems that CISCO SPA112 allows for it but only for debug purpose. No information are found for the CISCO SPA 300 series.

Does anyone know if such devices can be configured to allow direct (like in-office) voice call without internet access.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Cisco IP SPA 300 Series and Cisco SPA112 are SIP endpoints and these are designed for 3rd Party Call Controllers or Cisco Small Business Unified Communications Systems. It does not work without IP PBX. 

If you want voice traffic directly between two sites, then you need on-premise IP PBX at one of the site.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Cisco IP SPA 300 Series and Cisco SPA112 are SIP endpoints and these are designed for 3rd Party Call Controllers or Cisco Small Business Unified Communications Systems. It does not work without IP PBX. 

If you want voice traffic directly between two sites, then you need on-premise IP PBX at one of the site.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Dear Vaijanath,

thanks very much for your reply. I will investigate IP PBX.

Dear Vaijanath,

thanks very much for your reply. I will investigate IP PBX.