Helpful
Replies

polycom IP7000 conference not sending DTMF to Cisco UCCX

ciscoronak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I am facing problem and not able to resolve it

polycom IP7000 conference are not able to send DTMF to Cisco UCCX IVR, SCCP Cisco IP phones are working properly. These phones are registered as 3rd party SIP phone.  Surprisingly DTMF is working on these phones if they call  outside of organization through the H.323 Gateway.

Can any one help me with root cause of this issue and what is the solution.  CUCM is 10

Regards
Ronak Patel

11 Replies 11

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ronak,

Are there other SIP phones registered with cucm which are able to  call into UCCX and have the DTMF working correctly?

Manish

Hi Manish

No. We use SIP for only 3rd party phone and only Polycom phones are SIP phones.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Are the following options checked on the SIP device?

Manish

Hi

MTP is checked. Both the SIP phone and UCCX CTI Ports are in same location/region and are using G729 for calls.

Do I need Hardware MTP to complete this requirement because S/W MTP will not support G729 .

Please confirm.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Software MTP only supports G711, for G729 you need IOS based MTP.

Manish

HI Manish

If I change the region configuration between these two end points i.e. 3rd party phone and UCCX.. and convert the call to G.711,,, Will it use software MTP ?

Regards

Ronak Patel

The call will be setup on G711 if you change the region setting to G711, you can try it and see if the issue is resolved.

Manish

HI Manish

We were using G.729 for same region but We changed it to G711 , But still it is not working. 

DO you think we still need hardware MTP resource.

Ronak Patel

Hi Ronak,

I would suggest collecting detailed callmanager traces for a test call and engaging TAC to investigate further.

Manish

Hi Manish

This is in design phase and we are doing testing in customer Lab for major deployment after it is successful. Can not raise TAC case still now.

Regards

Ronak patel

You may upload the traces here for a test call along with call details.

Manish