Views
Helpful
Replies

port licence for unity connection?

hamid ghani
Level 1
Level 1

hi guy,

in unity connection do we have to buy the Licence for Ports for integration it we CUCM,

if not how many PORTS can we configure..

in cisco unity we have to buy specific number of ports.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Under Unity Connections Administration > System Settings > Licenses

Go to "Add New" and upload the relevant license file(s).

HTH

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Hamid,

Ports are a licensed/purchased feature on Unity Connection (just like Unity).

If you are running a demonstration License you can configure a maximum

of 2 ports.

Cisco Unity Connection Demonstration System

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/1x/installation/guide/ig_930.html

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

thanks for your help, i got your point that we need to buy the licence for ports, from where to upload the lic.

Under Unity Connections Administration > System Settings > Licenses

Go to "Add New" and upload the relevant license file(s).

HTH

hi guys,

in the ordering guide i cant find licenceing for the ports i using unity connection 8.0 and the software lic. i have for 300 users

may be i unity connection 8.0 port licences will be calculated automatically.

help to finalize my lic issue.

It would help to know the part number(s) you're working with.  When I licensed Unity Connections 7 initially I got 50 Users/24 Ports using UNITYCN7-50USR.  I know for Unity Connections 7 the part number UNITYCN7-300USR allows for 300 users and 24 ports.  Since I haven't moved to 8.x yet, not sure if the licensing is the same.

hi fiery,

thanks for the reply, this the point what i didnt find in ordering guide for software version 8.0.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/supported_platforms/8xcucspl.html#wp761830

according to this link we can have the 48 ports with the server MCS 7825, do i get this right?

please reply ASAP

hamid

Yes, you are correct, that MCS-7825 can accomodate up to a maximum of 48 VM Ports.  The ports still need to be licensed.  That is a description of the hardware capabilities.  So for 300 users, you are well within load levels with that server.

thanks bro,

Our PO is finalized..thanks for your consern and coordiantion.