Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Positron and Cisco VoIP, and overhead paging

Let me attempt to explain this situation.

We are utilizing a VoIP infrastructure. We have a 2821 with one pri connected to it. There are 3 vg224 which connects our analog equipments. Before we switched to VoIP our dispatch department had overhead paging that was provided by valcom. Our dispatch uses a system called Positron. Which is a touch screen console provided by tarrant county 911. They pressed *51 to generate a page and it is heard thru out the police dept. Once going to VoIP they had overhead paging for a little while, but then changes were made to the gateway to allow t38 protocols to operate,which may have caused it to break. They are able to page from any Cisco phone, just not from the positron console. I verified that the CSS was correct. When a page is initiated, I can hear it click on the falcon paging, but do not see it light on the fxs port.

If there is anyone out there with any experience with a situation similar to this or any awesome ideas, I would love your feedback.

Thank you.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

2 Replies 2

So I am going to change my question.

How would you configure a sccp vg224 to dial *51 for overhead paging with a Valcom v2003a?

Any takers, don't be afraid to step up to the plate?

Thank you

the case has been solved. Our SCCP gateway did not like *51translation pattern. This was odd considered it worked, before. But once the * was removed, dispatch was able to do paging from the positron console.