cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PotentialMatchesExist

wrkemmer
Level 1
Level 1

I have an interesting situation I could use some help on. I have a route pattern "8" which just goes over a trunk to activate a paging system. This was working fine (dial 8 and receive tone back from the paging system) until a couple of days ago, when the customer added a phone and gave it the extension 8145. So, then they observed that they'd hit 8 and have to wait for the interdigit timeout, which made sense. What doesn't make sense is that I had them change the extension of the phone to something out of the 8xxx range and we're still having the problem--hit 8 and you need to wait for interdigit timeout. I have scrubbed through the system to eliminate anything that might be matching in the 8 range (except the 8 for paging). A CCM trace shows:

|DialingPattern=8

|FullyQualifiedCalledPartyNumber=8

|DialingPatternRegularExpression=(8)

|DialingWhere=

|PatternType=Enterprise

|PotentialMatches=PotentialMatchesExist

|DialingSdlProcessId=(0,0,0)

|PretransformDigitString=8

|PretransformTagsList=SUBSCRIBER

|PretransformPositionalMatchList=8

|CollectedDigits=8

So I assume it's saying that there's another match longer than just 8. I worked around this by setting the 8 route pattern to urgent priority, but I would love to know what it's trying to match. This is CCM 6.01. Any ideas?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

have you deleted all that's under the un-assigned DNs?

Maybe it's still in there.

if not sometimes stuff stays in the cache, a reboot clears the issue

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rebooted the pub. no change. this is very strange. There is nothing in the system that it should be trying to match, yet when I clear the urgent priority flag from the 8 route pattern it definately waits for the interdigit timeout. Is there anywhere in the CCM traces that shows what are the potential matches remaining? Oh yeah, Dialed Number Analyser shows "route this pattern" and "interdigit timeout=false"