cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

POTS Dial Peer does not trigger or route to voice-port

kdoubleU
Level 1
Level 1

I have a PRI connected to my router and was asked to have a analog phone work from off the router bypassing call manager I am able to see call coming in with a called party number '1234567899' but debug states the call is Unallocated/unassigned

my dial pair 

dial-peer voice 7899 pots

incoming called-number 1234567899

no digit-strip

port 1/0/1

forward-digits 0

my analog phone is on a voice port

voice-port 1/0/1

station-id number 1234567899

could this have anything to do with PRI being MGCP and it trying to send it to CUCM? or what am I missing

3 Replies 3

Yes it is caused by that your PRI is controlled by MGCP. You have a few options, either you reconfigure your control protocol from MGCP to SIP or H.323, where SIP would be the current favoured standard configuration. Or you configure another connection with your gateway, SIP trunk or a H323 gateway, in CM to work in parallel with your current control protocol (MGCP) to be able to hairpin the call back to the gateway. Also here SIP would be the favoured option.

Sounds complicated, but is actually rather straightforward once you start with it. Out of these my preferred option would be to convert the gateway into SIP and stop using MGCP altogether.

Response Signature

kdoubleU
Level 1
Level 1

I forgot to note I ask about MGCP because my PRI interface is set as follows and not sure if the bind to CUCM was taking precedence over the dial-peer

interface Serial0/0/2:23

description PRI

no ip address

encapsulation hdlc

no cdp enable

isdn switch-type primary-ni

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn bind-13 ccm-manager

Yes it does take precedence. With MGCP the dial peer configuration in the gateway isn’t in use at all. You have to get the call to hit the gateway via SIP or H.323 for the dial peer to be in effect. In my previous response I outlined the options at hand for this.

Response Signature