jijeshkt
Level 1
Level 1

POTS and VOIP dial-peer

Hi team,

We have a voice gateway and two coneections

1 is PRI

2 is SIP

In cucm we configured 4 digit extension for pri and 5 Digit extension for Sip.

When I am dialing the local number from IP Phone calls are going via voip instead of PRI.

How to send the calls  via pots.

If possible can you share the cucm to vg flow.

Jijesh KT

8 Replies 8

See this document for details on how call routing works in IOS. In Depth Explanation of Cisco IOS and IOS-XE Call Routing 

If you need specific help on this topic please share detailed information, like the running configuration in your gateway and applicable call routing details from CM.

Response Signature

If i understood your problem correctly, In your case both connections are terminated on a single voice gateway. Easiest option what i suggest is to add a extra digit when sending the calls from CUCM to gateway, create dial peer matching those pattern and choose the right Connection( PRI/ SIP). This is to differentiate the calls based on deskphones as all calls are through same gateway and you want to choose SIP/PRI based on the calling

Other options is to match the dial peer based on the calling number type and process it.

Response Signature

We have assigned 4-digit extension numbers to IP Phone.  This number needs to be used the PRI connection, below configuration. Will it work?

Dial-peer voice 45 voip
description From CUCM to GW PRI
incoming called number 8...$
dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-notify sip-kpml
dtmf-interworking rtp-nte
codec g711ulaw
no vad

SIP Number has 5 digit extension.

Call Flow CUCM>>>SIP Trunk>>>Voice Gateway>>>> SIP

CUCM>>>> SIP Trunk>>>> Voice Gateway>>>> PRI

Incoming called number matches the called number, what you are describing if I understood correctly is that you'd want to differentiate the call path based on who is making the call, ie calling number. To do that you need something like this.

dial-peer voice 45 voip
 answer-address 8...$
 codec g711ulaw
 no vad

Repeat this on another DP that matches the 5 digit extensions. Worth mentioning is that you need to make sure that you have no overlap between the two extension ranges, ie both cannot start with an 8.

Apart from this you also need to have something that sends the call outbound from the gateway and set this to be used based on the different matched inbound dial peers. For that I would recommend that you look at the document that I shared earlier and use DPG, Dial Peer Groups, as that sets the outbound dial peer to use based on the matched inbound. It could look something like this.

voice class dpg 1
 description Dial-peer Group for PRI
 dial-peer 10 !As we do not know what DP you have defined for the PRI this is just an example. Modify the number to match the DP you have.

dial-peer voice 45 voip
 answer-address 8...$
 codec g711ulaw
 no vad
 destination dpg 1

dial-peer voice 10 pots
 description Use PRI for PSTN calls
 ! add all the rest of the needed config to send calls to PRI

Response Signature

To receive the call from PRI Provider done the below configuration. Provider sending 4 digits to our system

dial-peer voice 23 pots
incoming called-number 8[0-5]..$ Incoming Dial-Peer
port 0/1/0:15
forward-digits all

Sending the calls to CUCM with the below dial -peer

dial-peer voice 22 voip

destination-pattern 8...$
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:10.25.215.8 --------- CUCM IP Address

dial-peer voice 45 voip
answer-address 8...$
dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-notify sip-kpml >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> incoming CUCM to VG
codec g711ulaw
no vad

dial-peer voice 23 pots
Destination-pattern 0T
port 0/1/0:15 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Outgoing to ITSP
forward-digits all

jijeshkt
Level 1
Level 1

will it work

Not for the outbound direction to PSTN as you have nothing that states that if the call matches inbound on dial peer 45 that is needs to use dial peer 23 as the outbound. Add this to set it to use DPG for the outbound dial peer selection.

voice class dpg 1
 description Dial-peer Group for PRI
 dial-peer 23

dial-peer voice 45 voip
 destination dpg 1

dial-peer voice 23 pots
 destination-pattern BAD.BAD ! With DPG the actual destination patten is not used, but is still needed for IOS to see the dial peer as in an operational state. That's why you'd often see something like this used in configuration examples

Apart from this I would also strongly advice you to not use the same dial peer as both inbound and outbound as that has a tendency to mix up things. For that I would suggest that you make changes along the line with this, please note as you have only shared parts of your dial peer configuration you'd need to look at if this would fit into you're current configuration.

dial-peer voice 23 pots
 no incoming called-number 8[0-5]..$ Incoming Dial-Peer
 description Outbound calls to PSTN on PRI
 tone ringback alert-no-PI
!
dial-peer voice 100 pots
 tone ringback alert-no-PI
 description Inbound calls from PSTN on PRI
 incoming called-number .
 direct-inward-dial
!
voice class e164-pattern-map 1