Views
Helpful
Replies

Prefixing a digit to redirecting number in MGCP setup

Gowrishankar NC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I need to prefix a digit to redirecting number during call forwarding in an MGCP setup. Can someone please give me the exact steps to do the same.

Regards,

Gowrishankar

8 Replies 8

Mohammed Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you confirm exact call flow, so that I can suggest where we can prefix digits.

Below is the details i am sending to service provider, Service provider is telling is seeing calling party number as 265. So i want to prefix a 9 to redirecting number here. 

I created one test partition and CSS. Created new calling party transformation with this partition to add a 9 to calling party and applied it as redirecting party css but no luck.

Calling Party Number i = 0x0081, '9193'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Called Party Number i = 0x80, '0732711456'

Redirecting Number i = 0x000082, '265'

Can you confirm call manager version?

provide screenshot of MGCP PRI configuration page

Hi Mohammed,

Sorry the settings is now working. Forgot to uncheck Use Device Pool Redirecting Party Transformation CSS before. Thanks for your response.

I have one more doubt here, i am sending the below details to SP. Service provider should see 9193 as calling number right? Not sure why he is seeing redirecting number as calling party number.

On gateway i have selected calling party selection as originator.

Calling Party Number i = 0x0081, '9193'

Called Party Number i = 0x80, '0732711456'

Redirecting Number i = 0x000082, '265'

Regards,

Gowrishankar

I suspected the same thing :-)

Seems like SP issue.Calling party number should be 9193

Is this below statement from SP makes any sense guys. I have informed SP there is no such options in CUCM, caller ID should be placed based on calling party number

Our engineers have check the logs after the tests we’ve made yesterday and the answer is the same: your CUCM does not make really a redirect by anouncing before this our network with the help of specific message “facility”.

When a redirect call is made this message “facility” must be sent from CUCM to our network, telling us this call will be redirected.

Why they need separate facility message, when gateway/cucm is concatenating Redirection info in ISDN Setup. 

Based on what you are sending the calling number is 9193. If the SP isn't seeing this then they have a problem.