cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prefixing an FXS Port with a 9

Robert3487
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have an FXS port that needs to be prefixed with a 9. I have the translation profile setup, it even looks like its working when I test but the machine that is attached to this port is getting a fast busy signal. The configuration is below and from what I can tell it looks to be correct, anything additional I should look for? The customer's phone is sending 11 digits. I'm trying to collect debugs but the customer is rarely available, I'm just wondering if there is anything noticeably wrong with this config.

voice-port 0/2/0
 translation-profile incoming ADD-9

description Postage Machine

station-id name Postage Machine

station-id number 5555555555

caller-id enable

voice translation-rule 101

rule 1 /^1\(..........\)$/ /91\1/

voice translation-profile ADD-9

translate called 101

Router>test voice translation-rule 101 15555555555

Matched with rule 1

Original number: 15555555555    Translated number: 915555555555

Original number type: none      Translated number type: none

Original number plan: none      Translated number plan: none

4 Replies 4

Joseph1981
Level 1
Level 1

A correction to the config above, the translation profile assigned to that port was originally setup as outgoing, not incoming. I swapped it while troubleshooting thinking I had the wrong direction. Also this is my new account, That one is actually tied to my work account so I'd rather not use it. 

If you like to prefix 9 to the called number for calls from port 0/2/0, then you are correct; you have to apply the translation profile as incoming. That portion of configuration if correct, so the problem is somewhere else. Post the complete config along with your actual test call numbers.

Debugs that will help:

- debug voip ccapi inout
- debug vpm signal

Do other, "similar", calls work?

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

Have you checked the outgoing dial-peer/voice-port in case there is a configuration which isn't stripping 9 while leaving the gateway

It should be hitting this dial peer :

dial-peer voice 400 pots
 description Outbound LD to PSTN

destination-pattern 91[2-9]..[2-9]......

port 0/1/0:23

forward-digits 11

no sip-register

So when we originally set this port up I had them test with an analog phone, they dialed 9 to get out and calls were successful. Once that was working I told them to plug the machine in and it should work. Since this customer is hard to get a hold of is there any command that would simulate a call out of an fxs port? I know theres a test call or test phone command that can be run from the gateway but i'm not sure about fxs ports.