Views
Helpful
Replies

Presence 9.1.1 & jabber

Ahmed Awida
Level 1
Level 1

Please help guys.

I have jabber for windows but i can't see any contacts to add to it. I can make calls but i can't add any one. i am not using domain so in the connection settings, i add in the domain field : domain.not.set which is the default on the presence server.

I though that changing the domain could help. i stopped (

but when i go to service parameters to change the domain,i found that there is not field to edit the domain name ,the only field that is editable is the cucm domain which is by default : ( CUCM.DOMAIN.NOT.SET)  .

also in Cluster-Wide Topology Settings the domain can't be deleted using backspace so i don't know how to edit it to try if it would make difference or no in finding users.

Please help guys in how to change the domain or how to find the users and add them for cisco jabber on windows.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ahmed,

Have you read the Jabber documentation to understand how jabber contact sources work..

Jabber on Premise has three types of contact source

1. EDI..Which is the default used by Jabber clients. This require a LDAP server integrated with CUCM and the jabber work stations ot be a part of the domain because jabber uses auto discovery

2. UDS--User data services. Jabber uses CUCM for contact resolution. This willr equire you to change the jabber-config file to use UDS

3. Outlook contacts

I suggest you read the Jabber admin guide and read on how to deploy the jabber contact source you want to use

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ahmed,

Have you read the Jabber documentation to understand how jabber contact sources work..

Jabber on Premise has three types of contact source

1. EDI..Which is the default used by Jabber clients. This require a LDAP server integrated with CUCM and the jabber work stations ot be a part of the domain because jabber uses auto discovery

2. UDS--User data services. Jabber uses CUCM for contact resolution. This willr equire you to change the jabber-config file to use UDS

3. Outlook contacts

I suggest you read the Jabber admin guide and read on how to deploy the jabber contact source you want to use

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Thanks aokanlawon for your help.