Views
Helpful
Replies

presence status in cisco ip phones cucm 11.5

Kalliopi Vazima
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i have a question regarding presence status. For users who have Jabber i understand that with the appropriate configuration Presence status for other clients or devices will be available. What about users who only use IP Phones? Is there something similar like BLF? Is it necessary an Active Directory to exist or CUCM's UDS is enough?

Thanks in advance

Kalliopi

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies
4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only presence you get on IP Phones is from other IP Phone, either via BLF or presence enabled directories, you don't get the status from Jabber users.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the answer @Jaime Valencia . Could you please elaborate about presence directories?

Thanks in advance

Kalliopi

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Enable BLF For Call Lists parameter and adjust your SUSCRIBE CSS as required, you would only get the same BLF you get on the phone buttons.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @Kalliopi Vazima 

I am not sure if I answer your question but on my enviroment I have a phone (CP-7841) which is not associated with any AD user, actually its and open space line, the DN of which I have set as a BLF on my Phone Device. When this line is on call, the BLF status on my CP-8865 changes to red.

Hope this helps,

George