Views
Helpful
Replies

private FXO line

zahid77
Level 1
Level 1

Hi expert,

i have CME where PRI and 1 FXO line is terminated, i want to make FXO line as a private line for one xtension let say 606, i configured it and it was wroking fine but i want to use this line only for international dialing and local and national calls should go thru PRI

ephone-dn 1

number 606

trunk 82

voice-port 0/1/0

connection plar opx 606

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 82

Port 0/1/0

i llappreciate if somebody suggest any solution

17 Replies 17

great Allan

but last confusion if i dont create trunk 82 even then this will be remain Private line for number 606

and nobody can use this FXO line except 606

i ll make these changes tomorrow morning

thanks again

For all intense purposes 82 should remain transparent to all users, unless they become aware of it and dial the number directly with 82.......

Only International calls made by extension 606 starting 900 will be translated transparently to the user and use 82.

If this access number becomes common knowledge, then simply change the translation pattern rule to use another number and change the POTs dial-peer pattern:-

For example, use 55:-

voice translation-rule 82

rule 1 /^900\(.+\)/ /5500\1/

rule 2 /^9\(.+\)/ /9\1/

!

voice translation-profile User606

translate called 82 (this doesn't change)

!

dial-peer voice 204 pots

destination-pattern 55T

!

HTH

Allan.

ok thanks

but there is no such solution vailable by we can restrict a particular line to particular extension

becuase i saw that solution where u just need to define trunk number under the ephone-dn

actually i tested that solution but after applying that line can only be restricted to that particular FXO port

anyways that solution is already working fine

i tested with diferent access code and translation rule

anyhow you really put a laot of effort to help me

it was a agreat experince to share with you

i ll get in touch with you

thanks

take care