Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem calling user extension when extension is in use

theteamcaptain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'd like some direction on a configuration problem I have with our UC-560 and SPA-303 phones, hopefully someone can assist. There is 12 lines in total, 8 ISDN and 4 analog lines.

We have 4 different departments each belonging to a 'departmental' hunt group. I am aiming to have a situation where is if a user is on a call and someone dials thier extension, the call should be immediately transferred to an available user in the hunt group they belong to so that the call is answered as quickly as possible if there is a user/line available.

However, what is happening is that if a user is on a call and someone calls them, then the call will ring (silently) on the second line of that user (the screen on the phone shows the call coming in) and then it moves onto the next user in the group. The problem is if there is multiple users on calls, then this behavior occurs a number of times, resulting in a call being diverted to '2nd lines' and never being picked up.

How do I set it up so that a call is immediately forwarded to an available user in the hunt group they belong to, so that a phone in the hunt group actually rings and doesn't sit silently on a 2nd line of the extension being called?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Martin

Message was edited by: Martin Bowman

2 Replies 2

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

What does the extension configuration look like in UCM?

To make it work the way you have described, I would set it up so that only 1 call can be presented to the main extension of the user.  Configure the "Forward Busy Internal" and "Forward Busy External" to forward to the first line in the hunt group.

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

Hi,

I was actually using CCA which wasn't giving me the necessary visibility.

I figured it out - the problem I had was that as there was dual-line DNs, the incoming calls were going to the second channel of the same DN instead of going to the next DN.

The command I needed was:

conf t

ephone-dn [tag]

huntstop channel

This prevents the user receiving a call on the 2nd channel of the DN and forwards to the next available DN in the huntgroup.

Hope this helps anyone with a similar issue.

Thanks,

Martin