Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with cisco ip phone 3905, cipc-Admin-fmr.8-6-5-0

anthonio1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have an issue with cisco ip phone 3905 and cipc-Admin-fmr.8-6-5-0(softphone)

1. With the 3905, the main problem is with audio. A user cannot hear the person on the other end or vice versa.

I upgraded the firmware from APP3905.9-4-1-0 to APP3905.9-4-1SR2-2 and the phones havent picked the new firmware. The users are still experiencing the problem.

2. For the softphones, they sometimes have the same issue with the 3905 or just hang. When this happens dialing is impossible.

Please advice.

8 Replies 8

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please restart the TFTP service on the TFTP servers after you installed the new firmware and then reset the phones so that they can take the new firmware.

For CIPC ( softphone ) you can generate a CIPC problem report that is available in Programs menu of Windows when the issue is reproduced. It can be analyzed to see if there are any issues with the client. Else, generally the no audio issues can be due to routing or firewall issues on the network.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Thank you very much Gogna for your speedy response. I have generated the CIPC problem report. Are there specific files that I should check?

You should check the Trace file which corresponds to the time stamp when the issue was experienced. Please remember that for one way / no way audio issues the cipc problem report is just a small part of the troubleshooting, ideally you will need simultaneous packet captures from PC to check signaling and RTP flow.

Manish

Thanks a lot, cheerz.

Could you please show me the process of upgrading the 3905 firmware.

I dont know if I have uploaded the latest firmware well but when I sh voice register tftp the latest firmware is uploaded but the phones are not picking. Please advice. Its urgent

Hi,

Please follow the steps as per the following

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeadm/cmeinstl.html#pgfId-1067416

Make sure the correct file is present in the flash and modify the load commands accordingly as per the link above.

Manish

Hi, thanks for the quick response.

this is what im getting. See attached.

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

Is this just from a single IP phone?

Is the phone inside the network, i.e. not using something like a VPN?

Do you have other 3905 models which work fine?

Audio issues are often to do with firewalls or routing.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: