Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems loading firmware to a new 7925G phones

We are running CME version 7.1 and we have a few 7921G phones which have a firmware version 1.1.1. Recently we bought some new phones which have a default firmware CP7921G-MFG-D.7.1.LOADS. I failed to update to version 1.1.1, I am trying to load the newer verison CP7921G-1.3.4SR1 to the new phone and see if that works first then try and upgrade the software files on the flash. I am trying to load the new firmware through USB and it copies the files and says updating firmware and complains it does have a firmware image and stops. I am fairly new to CME. I appreciate any help in the right direction.

Regards

Venkatesh

1 Reply 1

Logan Gaffney
Beginner
Beginner

I believe you are hitting:

CSCta16641    Prohibit downgrade to old sw versions that have voltage scaling bug

If you absolutly need to downgrade the phone, you can open a Service Request with TAC and have them give you the ES image which will allow you to load whatever version you wish on the phone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: