cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with Ringtone not being Audible

jaguar10books
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry if this is not the right place for this but no one at work knows how to solve the problem even the IT guy.  I use the Cisco IP Communicator (not sure what version) on my computer at work to answer calls.  Last week I changed the ringtone and everything went smoothly.  Yesterday, I went to change it back to the original ringtone and now I cannot hear it when a call comes through nor can I change it.  I go to Settings, User Preferences and then Ringtones but when I click on a ringtone I get no sound and it says ringtone is busy.  Also the 'play' button is grayed out.  This is the same for the default setting line as well.  I only have one line connected to my computer.  As I said everything worked fine last week and I must have hit some button that mutes out the ringtones and won't let me change them but I've tried everything and can't figure it out.  The weird thing is once I answer a call I can hear the other party perfectly and they can hear me.  It's just the damn ringtone I can't hear.  When the call icon pops up when a call comes through it has a circle with a line through it like the ringer is muted but it's not the regular mute button as the other party can hear me just fine.

Anyone have any idea what would cause this.  Please try to be as non-technical as possible as I am a noob on this system.  Thanks.

2 Replies 2

t.s.davis
Level 1
Level 1

Have you tried pressing the volume up button a few times to see if the ringer volume is just turned down? That might be all it is.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Yes, I checked the volume several times.  If you noticed in my post I said the ringtone play button was grayed out and when I went to press it anyway it said ringtone was busy.  So there is something else going on other than a volume control.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: