cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with Tokenless CTL

paul.c.smith
Level 1
Level 1

Can I get people's comments about Tokenless CTL?  We have a cluster upon which we've tried this (test, fortunately) and we're seeing our phones lose connection to CUCM and "wink" about two times every three minutes.  Completely randomly.  There are only a very few things that go into the configuration of this feature, so I'm pretty sure I got it right.  I also deleted the current CTL file on the test phones and upgraded firmware, but that didn't help.

We are looking to employ this on a cluster that already had the feature set up with a token.  Any specific pitfalls there?  Will we need to delete the current CTL on all of the phones first?  Are we going to see the same "wink" on those phones?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

There is no such known issue with this kind of behavior. You may need to enable packet captures on some switchports where this issue is being seen frequently so that the signaling traffic between cucm and IP phone can be traced , it will provide details on what the actual cause of the loss of connectivity ( Wink, if i understand correctly ) is.

HTH

Manish