cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Provision a Cisco 8831 Conference Phone

shickey
Level 1
Level 1

We have a few of the Cisco 8831 Conference Series phones and I just unboxed 2 of them today.  I have connected it to the network and it is at the provisioning stage, but I can't remember what I need to push in order to provision it to a certain phone number.  I have already created the phone number from the Cicso Unified CM Administration page, but since it is a brand new phone, I need to link it to the number that I have created for it.  I am sure that it is something easy, I just can't remember what it is since I haven't deployed any of these since early summer.  Thanks!!!

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

It's basically something along these lines;

From CUCM admin>Device>Phone>Add New> Choose Type 8831 from dropdown selections>Add new 8831 device MAC>fill in details such as DN,CSS,Device Pool etc.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-version-70/112110-phone-add-00.html

Cheers!

Rob

We actually have profiles set up on the server so that we can just type in the phone number of the phone from the phone itself and it will self provision.  I will give this a try in the morning if I don't get any other responses.  Thank you!!!

Found my answer:

So go to the User Management > Self Provisioning > and look to see what the CTI Route Point is.  The number is right beside it.  Once you get to the 8831, type that number in and it will provision itself.