Views
Helpful
Replies

PSTN calls do not go to Unity Connection mailbox, instead play welcome message

pedrop
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have Unity Connection configured with some users for voicemail.

If I forward all calls to VM, if a call originates from another CUCM handset, it goes to the dialled users mailbox prompt as expected.

However, if I dial the user from the PSTN I get a Unity Connection welcome message instead of the dialled users mailbox.

Can anyone help me understand this?

Many thanks

6 Replies 6

pedrop
Level 1
Level 1

I think this may have something to do with use Alternate E164 numbers, would this number be sent to UC instead of the extension?

pedrop
Level 1
Level 1

So I was able to get the call to drop to the mailbox by adding the E164 number as an alternate extension in UC - Is there a better way to achieve this during import?

You have to make sure that the extension for users in CUC matches the called number you pass for calls from PSTN to CUC. Ideally is if the directory numbers in CUCM matches the extensions for users in CUC.

Otherwise you would need to either add alternate extensions for each user, as you did now for your test, or transform the called number with called number transformations before it's passed to CUC from CUCM.

Response Signature

To answer your question about initial setup of users. It would depend on the type of setup you use for this. If you like us use LDAP you can alter the mapping of what field in AD you use for extensions in CUC.

We used to use ipPhone, where we have our internal short number format, when we used this as the extension for users in CUC. This was back when CUC did not have support for +E.164 numbers. Since then we have updated this information for all users to have the full directory number as the extension in CUC and have the short internal number as an alternate number for each user. When we did this change we also changed the mapping of fields for extensions to use telephoneNumber field in AD.

Response Signature

mHadi
Level 1
Level 1

hi dear pedrop,

i had this problem today, and for me, the problem was in SIP-Trunk configured between CUCM and My FXO Voice-Gatway,

the FIX is >>>

go to cucm, device, trunk, open your trunk with voice-gw..

then, check "media termination point required" option

then save, and reset trunk

Mohammadreza Hadi

Using MTPs to fix this is not really a fix, it just hides the underlying reason for the problem as the MTP steps in to “fix” the real cause of the problem as it’s an intermediator that can rid problems of various kinds.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: