Views
Helpful
Replies

PSTN to CUCME

isaaco001
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Community,

I am able to make calls outside(pstn) using this dial peer below with gsm number.

dial-peer voice 4 pots
destination-pattern 9..........
incoming called-number .
port 0/3/3

I ,however, want calls to be received on a particular directory number  which should be my switchboard.I have seen this kind of configuration done for SKINNY with trunk 9 monitor port 0/3/3 command if this was the case.This configuration is done under ephone-dn and the command is available under ephone-dn command.SIP doesnt have this command under voice register dn.

How do i map outside calls to a particular directory number in SIP without DID number?Is this the correct dial-peer to receive outside calls?

Attached are the full configs.Thank you.

22 Replies 22

Okay,i will follow up with provider.

Another question,the users who will be restricted to make outbound calls directly to pstn by using a method of restriction like class of restriction will require at times to request the operator/switchboard to connect them to a pstn number.How will this work?

I have seen a situation where the restricted user(internal extension) calls the operator(extension without restriction) to connect them to a pstn.The user would disconnect,then the operator will call the pstn number and transfer the call to the user.

Is there a method where the operator can transfer the call to a pstn number directly without first disconnecting the request from internal extension?

Thanks once again,i have learnt a lot and still learning from your guidance.

Yes, operator can transfer call to pstn number without disconnecting internal call. Once outbound call will start to work then you can try it.

Suresh

i tried it with fxo connection that i had configured before but i couldnt transter calls to pstn ,though all users were under no restriction...i will try again though.

hi, what did you mean by CLI? is it command line interface?

Calling number identification, when you call your mobile phone number from Cisco IP phone then whatever number is displaying on mobile phone called is CLI, or simply CALLING NUMBER.

Suresh

Okay,got it.Outbound calls are now working fine after i changed the isdn switch type to primary-net5.The isdn switch was set as  primary-ni but for some reason the same switch type could not work on my call manager.

Now,i tried to transfer a call to pstn through the switchboard but i couldnt. I have attached the error being shown on the cli.I have created a class of restriction to limit extensions calling out but they must be transfered out to pstn.I suspect that the class of restriction is stopping the transfer.whats the best solution to limit extensions calling out but allowing tranfer to pstn?

Also i would like to limit the time period of time a call can be made,say an extension can only call for 5 minutes.Is it possible?

Thanks for your patience.

Good to know that :-) I did ask you before to change the isdn switch type, so I'm happy I was correct.

If you have not given permission to a phone to dial external number then you can't transfer call externally as well from that phone because actually you are making a call first while doing transfer so it's not possible.

And, there is no native feature to limit the call duration in CME (in cucm it's possible but it effects globally) but you can try it using tcl scripting ..just explore that. I'm not expert on that part.

Suresh

hi, I will look into tcl scripting,thank.

Am now setting up branch 2 then will interconnect the two branches using voip dial-peers. Now,will the E1 connection be able to connect branch 2 to pstn,that is,will we have incoming/outgoing calls to branch 2 from my main branch? Though i have not yet set the interconnection i have my concerns because the dail-peer connecting the two branches is a voip dial-peer and branch 2 may also need a pots dial-peer to work,please advise.

Also i want to register a IP phone to the main branch over the internet.I think it has to do with port forwarding am not certain how it will work.Will i do port forwarding on the main branch and also on the branch where i want to register the phone?please advise.

Thank you once again.