Views
Helpful
Replies

Pub Database didnt sync with subscriber

anis_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I have a cluster of one publisher & subscriber which was working fine & database replication was also good.

Due to some upgrade reason i had to reinstall only the publisher. I reinstalled publisher & connected it with subscriber.

After reinstallation, the publisher has some additional database. I want to push the complete database of publisher to subscriber so that my both servers would have same database.

My understanding was if i will connect publisher with subscriber, publisher will automatically send its database to subscriber & both will sync to each other automatically which it didnt happened.

When i checked the database through unified reporting page, its saying " All Servers do not have a replication count of 541 "

Please have alook on attached snapshot

10.0.24.20 is publisher

10.1.24.20 is subscriber

I will be appreciated for urgent help.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can manually restart the db replications, there have been many threads on it in the past, but in a nutshell do the following:

1. First stop the dbreplication subscribers and wait until it completes from ssh by issuing "utils dbreplication stop"
  2. Once the dbreplication has been stopped on each subscriber proceed to stop in on the Publisher. 
  3. Once the Publisher replication has been stopped attempt the  reset with 'utils dbreplication reset all'.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris for your reply.

Will update you soon

Regards,