Views
Helpful
Replies

Q.850 Cause Code 47

jerry harris
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

My name is jerry harris and I am working on government Contract. We have a ASR1002 Cisco Border Element. We are using this device for call processing. We had an issue on march 16, 2015 processing calls through our Gateways. We have a Cisco Call Manager which was functioning fine.

Our issue was that the Cube generated a Cause Code 47 which indicated a "resource unavailable event". We thought it was caused by the Cube being out of memory or tcp socket unavailable. We also checked the DSPfarm for any failures but that was okay. After checking Call Manager and the dial-peers on the Cube the only way could restore to normal was to reboot the Cube which fix the problem. Could this problem be caused by the Cube being out memory or a debug command still running in the background to cause this problem ? How do we check the Cube for memry failures or resources unavailable ? I would appreciate any help or solutions for future use.

Best Regards,

Jerry Harris

Apriva ISS

4 Replies 4

Murali_DS
Level 1
Level 1

Do u face any call disconnection, If so it might be due to CODEC issue,can u attach the debug O/P and the call flow will try it out

Hello

we have a cause 47 call drop on  ISR4451X CUBE with 600 SIP channels

According to TAC, we hit bug CSCvg17981 on ISR4k/CUBE with OS 17.x

No solution or fix from Cisco so far..

nb: periodic ISR reload just lower the impact and not solve it.

Issue on ISR4451-X / CUBE  tested with  17.4.1d and still there after downgrade to 17.3.3 MD

#CSCvg17981

Per the bug note the defect should be limited to ISR4K with LTI registered XCODE. Is this per your setup?

Response Signature

Yes, here the Xcode config.

we have also a SR# 691070655 opened on that but with no fix since march. ....

dspfarm profile 1 transcode 

codec g729abr8

codec g729ar8

codec g711alaw

codec g711ulaw

codec pass-through

maximum sessions 192

associate application CUBE

https://community.cisco.com/t5/cisco-bug-discussions/isr4k-cube-w-lti-xcode-intermittent-call-drop-with-cause-code-47/td-p/4458308