Views
Helpful
Replies

Question in CUCM

jmorton1
Level 1
Level 1

We have a setup as follows:

1. We have a Line Group for our Mortgage Loan Originators, and this is set up in a circular pattern in order to rotate calls. The numbers in the Line Group each forward to the MLOs' respective cell phones.
  2. We desire to have it such that if a call hits a person's cell phone, and the person does not answer, then the caller is permitted to leave a voicemail on that person's cell phone

I tried to make this happen by doing the following, but it did not work, and produced a busy signal instead:

• Under Line Group Configuration, I selected Stop Hunting on No Answer, Busy, and Not Available.
  • Under Hunt Pilot Configuration, I selected Use Forward Settings of Line Group Member.

Any advice?

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Calls that are distributed via a line group ignore all call forward settings from the line group members, the Use Forward Settings of Line Group Member setting only works if it's used in a call flow which a user sends the call to the hunt pilot, that setting is checked in the hunt pilot for a CF option, and the original call forwarder has the CF no coverage option.

You have two options:

A) choose a single phone to which forward calls after no answer or busy, that may be a cell phone or anything else you like

B) configure SNR for the line group members to their mobile rings along with the company number, and then adjust the SNR timers to either let the individual's VM answer, or prevent that from happening by ending the call before the VM answers and the line group logic follows its course. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate