Views
Helpful
Replies

"Port order" - transfer numbers from Cisco to Team

riderfaiz
Level 1
Level 1

HI everyone,

Hope you all doing well. I have some questions about "Port Order with Microsoft Team" topic my manager brought up. Currently we are using Call Manager and Unity v11. We also use PRI (not SIP). We got a trunk of DID (with series of continuous numbers) from ATT. We consider this "Port Order". ( Here is the link I am reading https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/phone-number-calling-plans/port-order-overview )

I just started to read some info about this... and I would like to ask:

1.) Is the purpose of "port order". permanently migrate from CM to Team?

2.) What about if we just want to get rid of the physical phones (we do not consider Cisco softphone for some reasons). Can this be a valid purpose? 

3.) Let's say, I have a trunk of continuous DID numbers, 4100 to 4199, set in Call Manager. Now if I do the port the ext "4150" with Team. What config I will need in Cisco CM? Also, from the carrier ATT perspective, would that "mess up" anything because they helped to find and provide the series of trunk numbers to us?

Any input or info you can share would be great. 

Thank you for your help in advance.

Takusan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your questions are not really related to Cisco, aside from the last one. That link only mentions you porting your DNs, regardless of what call control you use.

1 Ask MS, if they will become your service provider, is there a way to back out? to port them to other service provider? etc. All that, you should be asking MS.

2 No idea what your plan is, so, that's up to you, if you remove the PSTN connectivity, and want to keep using CUCM for internal purposes, you can do it.

3 Again, questions you should be asking ATT, not Cisco, if ATT is your current telco, this is a discussion you need to have with them. From a CUCM config, that would depend on what you will do, if you will remove CUCM, you could simply delete the DN and remove/reassign the phone. If you will remain using it for internal purposes, you can give it a new DN.

Doesn't seem like you're familiar with voice, I'd strongly suggest you hire reputable consultants to assist with this and determine exactly what it is you want to do, and then how to proceed accordingly

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your questions are not really related to Cisco, aside from the last one. That link only mentions you porting your DNs, regardless of what call control you use.

1 Ask MS, if they will become your service provider, is there a way to back out? to port them to other service provider? etc. All that, you should be asking MS.

2 No idea what your plan is, so, that's up to you, if you remove the PSTN connectivity, and want to keep using CUCM for internal purposes, you can do it.

3 Again, questions you should be asking ATT, not Cisco, if ATT is your current telco, this is a discussion you need to have with them. From a CUCM config, that would depend on what you will do, if you will remove CUCM, you could simply delete the DN and remove/reassign the phone. If you will remain using it for internal purposes, you can give it a new DN.

Doesn't seem like you're familiar with voice, I'd strongly suggest you hire reputable consultants to assist with this and determine exactly what it is you want to do, and then how to proceed accordingly

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Thank you for your response! I will check with MS and ATT for the questions I have. 

Have a good day!

Takusan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: