Helpful
Replies

Random Outbound Calls

tpestana
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I need help for the following doubt/question:

Our customer have a cluster of call manager version 7.1(5) and 2 voice gateways with a 3 PRI to call the PSTN. The Voice Gateways are configured as MGCP. Costumer perform outbound calls from a group of users and they want that calls from these users appears on the end customerphone side randomly i.e they want use 3 PRI with DDIs randomly.
Example: Phone A calls a mobile phone on the PSTN through a PRI and on that mobile phone the end user sees one DDI from PRI 1 but end user no answered the call, if the Phones A calls again the same mobile number, our customer wants use other DDI from other PRI (PRI2 or PRI 3) or a different DDI from the PRI 1 seeing on end user mobile phone.

I would ask if this feature is possible to configure and if yes how I can do that regarding the MGCP gateways.

Please let me know if I was clearly or if i need to give more details about my doubt/question, i will wait for feddback.~

Best Regards,

Telmo Pestana

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Telmo,

I would setup a new CSS for just these 20 phones which used a slightly different access code, in this example I am using *9 and changing the CLI to UK mobiles (07XXXXXXXXX). You can just copy the exiting route patterns/filters into a new partition in CUCM and create a new CSS for the special phones which just adds a 9 on either the route patterns or route list.

The CLI should look something like this example:-

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 /.+/ /02097787877/

voice translation-rule 2
rule 1 /.+/ /02097787878/

voice translation-profile outgoing1
translate calling 1

voice translation-profile outgoing2
translate calling 2

dial-peer voice 100 pots
translation-profile outgoing outgoing1
destination-pattern *907XXXXXX
port 0/0/0:15
prefix 07
!
dial-peer voice 110 pots
translation-profile outgoing outgoing2
prefix 07

So mobile calls will appear to randomly come from either 02097787877 or 02097787878.

The customers carrier SHOULD reject and calling party number that is not associated with the bearer, so you will still be limited to the range of numbers you can present but that isn't your problem it is purely down to the customer and their carrier to arrange suitable DDI blocks on the bearer to give pseudo random CLI presentation.

Hope this helps,

Craig

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

robert.horrigan
Level 2
Level 2

I'd say go under your gateway configuration in call manager, click on each PRI, and add the mask that you want for each PRI under Caller ID DN

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your quickly answer, but i think i m not explain well and i will try to be more specific with my doubt/question.

Our customer wants a pool/range of numbers of their 3 PRI interfaces and using that pool/range of  numbers to show them randomly on the end user mobile/fixed phones when they made outbound calls.

At this moment they go out to PSTN distributed through 3 PRI and masked each PRI with a general number using CLID on Route Pattern.

They only want used this "feature" to a group of 20 phones of company.

What you told in your answer and if i understood i will only 3 numbers to show on the edn users devices right?

Please let me know your feedback.

Best Regards,

There is no way to configure random CLIDs. You forcefully need to configure what you want to send and the outcome is something you can expect based on your configuration.

What you can do is configure at the route pattern a calling party mask like 123 4567 XXXX so then you add the last 4 digits based on calling DN, it will change depending on caling number.

OR configure the external phone party mask to be used.

OR create as many route patterns as you need to send a different CLID and use CSS/partitions so certain devices use only one of those route patterns

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Java,

Thanks for your answer, it was I'm expected to hear. I have no way to randomly the CLIDs.

About your sugestions, i believe that in our case it will not answer the customer needs, because if the calls going outside based on calling number , the end user will see in the most of cases the same numbers calling him.
The option "create as many route patterns as you need to send a different CLID" it is more close to the result expected by the customer but it will need to configure a lot of route patterns based on called numbers and the problem here is that the numbers of their customers are constantly change.

But anyway thanks for the reply and the suggestions, I'll try and explain the options that the customer has available.

The costumer asked me that because he have a GSM gateway (Quescom) that has an algorithm to randomly the outbound calls through all gsm cards, but as the cost of the calls from these GSM cards are more expensive than from PRI interfaces he would like use 3 PRI to make these calls.

Best Regards,

Telmo Pestana

The comments made by Java as perfectly correct if you consider this as an issue to be resolved by CuCM but I have a slightly different take on this issue.

If the gateway was H323 controlled then you could gain a pseudo random CLI (or least as good as using a GSM gateway) if you configured multiple POTS dial peers with different outgoing calling translation profiles of each dial peer.

If mutilple dial peers have the same the dial peer guide states 'If the same preference is defined in multiple dial peers with the same destination pattern, a dial peer is selected randomly.'

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_c/dial_peer/dp_confg.html#wp1067010

This requires careful gateway design but should easily achievable using either CuCM or CME as your call control.

If I can be of more assistance please let me know.

Craig

If this post helps please rate it.

Hi Craig,

Great answer, in fact your sugestion regarding H323 Translation Profiles, it could work and could be an option to answer the costumer needs, I'll need discuss and measure the impact of changes in their scenario, because it is based on MGCP gateways, and also he will need more resources (PRI or BRI interfaces) to do some LAB tests before go to a production scenario.

Anyway for now , costumer will test what Java sugested, doing it manualy and creating diferent route patterns each one with masked calling number, because it will have no impact and he can see if the result is what he expected.

Craig just to confirm , I never test these tanslation profiles, but if i understood the idea,  i will create for example 30 or more POTS dialpeers each one with a diferent translation profile using option "translate calling X" and with same preference, it is right? or i need anything else ?

Best Regards,

Telmo Pestana.

Telmo,

I would setup a new CSS for just these 20 phones which used a slightly different access code, in this example I am using *9 and changing the CLI to UK mobiles (07XXXXXXXXX). You can just copy the exiting route patterns/filters into a new partition in CUCM and create a new CSS for the special phones which just adds a 9 on either the route patterns or route list.

The CLI should look something like this example:-

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 /.+/ /02097787877/

voice translation-rule 2
rule 1 /.+/ /02097787878/

voice translation-profile outgoing1
translate calling 1

voice translation-profile outgoing2
translate calling 2

dial-peer voice 100 pots
translation-profile outgoing outgoing1
prefix 07
!
dial-peer voice 110 pots
translation-profile outgoing outgoing2
prefix 07

So mobile calls will appear to randomly come from either 02097787877 or 02097787878.

The customers carrier SHOULD reject and calling party number that is not associated with the bearer, so you will still be limited to the range of numbers you can present but that isn't your problem it is purely down to the customer and their carrier to arrange suitable DDI blocks on the bearer to give pseudo random CLI presentation.

Hope this helps,

Craig

Please rate helpful posts!

Hi Craig,

Thanks one more time, I think our customer will be happy with this option, but i need to check. I will ask for more resources to do the tests.

I'll post the results when possible.

Best Regards,

Telmo Pestana

Is the same behavior when the dial-peer is sip?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: