Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC keep defaulting to default opening greeting

rramlal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have integrated CUC and CUCM via SIP. I need to configure a number of Auto attendant prompts for different locations. So i have configured the system call handlers with the different extensions but from call manager i created a route pattern with these same extensions point it out the CUC sip trunk and it keeps defaulting to the system default opening greeting.

What am I doing wrong here?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The configuration you have done is wrong.

What you need to do is:

1. Create a route pattern, RL and RG with sip trunk to cuc. Make sure you assign a unique number to this RP. This will act as voice mail pilot.

Delete the other route patterns you created for auto attendant. 

2. Under advance features >>>> voicemail > voice mail pilot >>> specify this number

3. Create a new voicemail profile and assign the cm pilot created in step 2.

4. For the numbers you want to configure as auto attendant, create a route point, assign it a dn, associate the voicemail profile, CSS and set the call forward all to voice mail. 

Try a call now and it should work. Also, go through the document link I sent you to understand the logic.

Aseem 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Aseem Anand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

CUC uses the redirecting ID to route the calls and most likely the redirecting ID is not being sent to CUC. Best way to do it is not by creating a route pattern but by creating a CTI RP and assign it the extension (AA number), apply a voice mail profile to it and select call forward all on it. Can you check if redirecting number IE delivery outbound is checked on the SIP trunk? If its not check then check it, save and reset the trunk to test again.

You can refer to the link below to understand the call routing logic in CUC:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/13141471/unity-connection-call-routing-logic

Aseem

(Please rate if useful)

Hi,

It wasnt but after checking it off and resetting the trunks, it still doesnt work. I created RP with the extensions mapping to the system call handler. And these route patterns are pointing to the Route list with the sip trunks to CUC. Is this how it is done?

Hi,

The configuration you have done is wrong.

What you need to do is:

1. Create a route pattern, RL and RG with sip trunk to cuc. Make sure you assign a unique number to this RP. This will act as voice mail pilot.

Delete the other route patterns you created for auto attendant. 

2. Under advance features >>>> voicemail > voice mail pilot >>> specify this number

3. Create a new voicemail profile and assign the cm pilot created in step 2.

4. For the numbers you want to configure as auto attendant, create a route point, assign it a dn, associate the voicemail profile, CSS and set the call forward all to voice mail. 

Try a call now and it should work. Also, go through the document link I sent you to understand the logic.

Aseem 

Thanks Aseem it worked, Can you explain why it worked with a CTI RP rather than a route pattern?

You are most welcome! As i have said it in my previous response as well, CUC works on the logic of calling number or redirecting number. The configuration you were using was not correct. When you created a route pattern with the auto attendant number for example 6789, the call went to unity connection but unity received the called number as 6789, calling number as your phone which made the call and no redirecting ID as the call was not redirected. Now CUC checks either the calling number or theredirecting ID but since the calling number was not in the CUC database it played the general opening greeting.

When you used CTI RP, you created a directory number with the auto attendant extension, set the VM profile and checked CFA to voice mail. When you dialed the AA number, it landed to 6789 for example got redirected to the voice mail pilot number and on CUC calling number became your extension from which you made the call, called number received is the voice mail pilot number and the redirecting ID appeared as the auto attendant number for which you have created a call handler. Port status monitor is the best tool to troubleshoot Unity Connection routing issues.

Check the output of the port status monitor output for a call from my lab server:

04:42:18, New Call, CallerId=1002, CalledId=7777,  RedirectingId=6789,  AltRedirectingId=,  Origin=16,  Reason=4,  CallGuid=A316F53211264D2BBA6C17ECA6FE4BAA,  CallerName=,  LastRedirectingId=,  AltLastRedirectingId=,  LastRedirectingReason=4,  PortDisplayName=CUCMSIP-1-010,[Origin=Unknown],[Reason=Forward No Answer]

04:42:18, Changed the current search by extension search space from <No scope> to 'cuc Search Space' ({30c32fdd-7b96-4bd3-ab23-699d7bc745eb})

04:42:18, Changed the current search by name search space from <No scope> to 'cuc Search Space' ({30c32fdd-7b96-4bd3-ab23-699d7bc745eb})

04:42:19, AttemptForward

04:42:19, State - AttemptForward.cde!Dummy

04:42:19, PHTransfer

04:42:19, State - PHTransfer.cde!LoadInfo

04:42:19, Event is [TrueEvent]

04:42:19, PHGreeting

04:42:19, State - PHGreeting.cde!PlayGreeting

04:42:19, Call answered if needed

04:42:19, Playing greeting for Call Handler:  AutoAttendant_Aseanand

Aseem

Evgeny Izetov
Level 1
Level 1

Do you happen to have CUC version 8.6? If so, you might be hitting CSCuq63776. You'll need to apply ciscocm.cuc_86x_cdl3.cop.sgn.

This post just saved me a few hours work. I appreciate the time you spent sharing this info.