cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RDP configured with SNR disabled calling behavior

Dan Pride
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 11.5.1 SU4 cluster. I have a RDP configured for a DN with a cell phone listed but SNR is disabled in the entry. From a deskphone registered to my cluster, when I dial the cell phone number, it rings both the cell phone AND the deskphone and then rings through to the Unity voicemail box, not the cell phone VM. When I remove the cell phone from the RDP, it rings the cell phone only and I get the cell phone VM as normal. There are no other forwarding rules for the DN and no translation rules or route patterns for the cell phone
screen.png
If the RDP has SNR disabled, when I dial the cell phone from an on-net phone, why is it ringing the desk phone at all? Shouldn't the call just route out the gateway and ring the cell phone as a normal off-net call?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jeffrey Ness
Level 1
Level 1

There is a service parameter which controls the functionality of calling to the remote destination number getting joined back to the enterprise directory number which sounds like what you are describing.

To access the Reroute Remote Destination Calls to Enterprise Number service parameter, execute System > Service Parameters in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration. In the Service Parameter Configuration window that displays, specify a server and the Cisco CallManager service. The following service parameters are found in the Clusterwide Parameters (Feature - Reroute Remote Destination Calls to Enterprise Number) pane:

• Reroute Remote Destination Calls to Enterprise Number - To enable the feature, specify the value for this service parameter as True. When this parameter is enabled, all outgoing calls to a remote destination get anchored in the enterprise number with which the remote destination associates.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jeffrey Ness
Level 1
Level 1

There is a service parameter which controls the functionality of calling to the remote destination number getting joined back to the enterprise directory number which sounds like what you are describing.

To access the Reroute Remote Destination Calls to Enterprise Number service parameter, execute System > Service Parameters in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration. In the Service Parameter Configuration window that displays, specify a server and the Cisco CallManager service. The following service parameters are found in the Clusterwide Parameters (Feature - Reroute Remote Destination Calls to Enterprise Number) pane:

• Reroute Remote Destination Calls to Enterprise Number - To enable the feature, specify the value for this service parameter as True. When this parameter is enabled, all outgoing calls to a remote destination get anchored in the enterprise number with which the remote destination associates.

Thanks. I did find this on my own, but this is the correct answer. I believe the change occurred when I upgrade 11.5.1 SU2 to SU4 using PCD. I must have reset or changed the service parameter.