cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RDP controlled by 2 users

Chris.k88
Level 1
Level 1

I have a situation where there's a support team that has after hours on call rotation where calls are forwarded to the technicians cell phone. There is 2 supervisors or people who want control over changing the cell phone number when they want.

My solution to this is (probably not the best so let me know) I have a dummy device that never registers that is controlled by both users that has a RDP on it that they can edit via the self server portal when they desire.

I'd like to use RDP's as if the person does not answer their cell phone the caller should be directed to the support numbers mailbox and not the technicians cell phone's mailbox.

Someone calls support number XXXX (internal DN) which has a RDP profile that points to the cell phone and configured after X amount of seconds with no answer reverts back to the original DN's voicemail (the mailbox will then send a email notification that there was a message left).

My issue is, after some digging around and testing in CUCM I don't think an RDP can be controlled via self serve by 2 different users, as in RDP can only be controlled/edited by one user (the one it is assigned to).

Does someone know more about this, or have a more elegant solution to what I've come up with? I'm still learning CUCM so I wouldn't be surprised if this not the best way to achieve this.

Let me know if anything is unclear or I can provide more info.

Thank you!!

1 Reply 1

Hi Chris,

Simple solution could be to create a local user on CUCM (with generic ID) which will have control of dummy device and RDP and share the credentials with both supervisors. 

Regards,

Onkar Mahajan

Please rate if helpful