Views
Helpful
Replies

Receiving call on my ip phone on someones behalf

Sonam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have IP Telephony (cucm 11.5). I want to receive call on behalf of my friend on ip phone. That is, when user A call user B( when user B is not available on his ip phone) Will user C be able to get the call made by user A to user B. Call should land on User C, when user B is not available. Please comment.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sreekanth Narayanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use multiple solutions for this.

1. Forward the call from B to C after a specified number of seconds so that if B does not answer the call, C will ring.

2. Configure Use the Call Pickup, Group Pickup features to pick up the call on B from C.

3. Configure B and C as the same DN. So when B rings, C also will ring. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Sreekanth Narayanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use multiple solutions for this.

1. Forward the call from B to C after a specified number of seconds so that if B does not answer the call, C will ring.

2. Configure Use the Call Pickup, Group Pickup features to pick up the call on B from C.

3. Configure B and C as the same DN. So when B rings, C also will ring. 

Hi Sreekanth,
Thank you for your kind respond. Is there a way to take Call to user C when there is call on user B. when call is ringing on user B.
thank you.

Dear sreekanth,
This was solved after i configured call pickup. This is working fine on ip phones. I just wanted to know if it will work on cisco jabber as well. Can we do that on cisco jabber as well?