Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundant E1 line

shahulhameed
Level 3
Level 3

Dears,

I have 1000 DIDs in my company. The voice gateways installed in 2 locations and each VG connected with two E1 lines. There is new requirement for new location and required 100 DIDs. In that new location it has separate call manager and voice gateway. They want to move one E1 line from the existing connection.
I moved a E1 from the existing E1s and connected to the new location VG. The calls are sometime working and sometime not. But it is working without any issue, If I shutdown the other E1 lines.

I am confusing. Please advise why the calls are not working if all E1 lines are connected

2 Replies 2

What do you mean by ”In that new location it has separate call manager”? Does it have its own independent CM system stood up for just this site? Have you looked at the gateways to see if they get the calls that you state are sometimes failing? If so what does the gateway try to do with the calls that are failing, does it try to send it to a CM?

Lots of questions I know, but with the limited information at hand it’s all I’ve got at the moment. It would be very helpful if you were to share your running configuration from both gateways and the output from debug voip ccapi inout and debug isdn q931 running at the same time. Please collect the information and attach them as files as that simplify the use of them.

Response Signature

Yes the new location has separate call manger and voice gateway. I have attached the connectivity details for easy understand. The PIC-1 shows that, we have 1000 DIDs in my country Ministry Of Communication providing PSTN lines. For fail over we have two ISP contractor bring the E1 lines. We have 2 + 2 E1 lines but actually it is like single physical link to MOC. As shown in PIC-2 the calls are sometime working sometime not working. But if I shutdown the other E1 lines shown in PIC-3 no issues of outgoing and incoming calls.  As I know there is no issue of configuration.

If all E1 lines enabled no issues because in a cluster setup the call will go or in from a active E1. But in a separate cluster calls not working because it doesnt know which E1 line is in active. If the new site E1 is active the calls may failed from SITE-A & SITE-B.

I am wondering the E1 line how it passing the calls?