Views
Helpful
Replies

Register Alcatel IP Phone 4018 with CUCM 9.1

mrmhar1408
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Experts,

a customer has a lot of Alcatel phones and a call manager system version 9.1 and they want to utilize the Alcatel phones 4018 to be registered with call manager as a SIP Phones.

Did Any one here try this before? How to convert it to SIP Phone?  (the phone download files from TFTP)

10 Replies 10

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can test it yourself in couple of minutes only, just configure it in CUCM as 'third party SIP basic phone' and give any dummy MAC address and assign a DN to it and check it out :-) don't forget to create a end user for it.

Suresh

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

also try to add it as advanced 3rd party phones. 

HTH

Anas

don't forget to rate the helpful posts

hi Anas ,

could you please provide me link from which  can i make sure that which Alcatel IP phones that can be supported from cisco call manager.

mrmhar1408
Level 4
Level 4

Question is: How to enter the SIP setting to the phone? (proxy, realm ....)

add the proxy server, check also alcatel data sheet

HTH

Anas

Hi , 

I need to deploy alcatel 4018 with cucm 10.5 . Where can I get sipconfig.txt and sipconfig-<mac-address>.txt.

Please help out with parameters as well. 

PS. I have added the phone as third party sip basic with dn and sip digest user

mrmhar1408
Level 4
Level 4

I succeeded to register the Alcatel phone 4018 with Cicso by uploading the alcatel sip image through from my PC as TFTP server. then i configured the sip config file with the sip information of the call manager.

the device added as a basic sip device.

Thanks

Great that you have solved your issue.

thanks for sharing your final solution also

Regards

Anas

Hello, am facing the same situation. Am however stuck on getting the Alcatel SIP image, advise on how i can get it.

Hello, where did you get the the alcatel sip image?