Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Registering CP-8841-3PCC-K9 with FREEPBX

Hello,

I am seeking help on how to provision my new 8841 3PCC phone. I am able to log into the phone and I am at the web GUI. I have set the SIP extension as a PJSIP extension of my server. When the phone reboots, I have a yellow light on the line button and a round X in front of the extension name. The phone will not call out or receive calls, goes immediately to voicemail. The firmware is sip88xx.11-0-1MPP-477.loads. If you need anymore information, please let me know and I will be happy to provide that info.

Thank You,

Nate

7 Replies 7

Geovani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nate, 

I would begin by upgrading to the latest firmware and trying again. 11.0.1 is a very old firmware. 

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286319918/type/286320168/release/11.3.3

Thanks 

Geovani

Firmware is upgraded, but still have the orange light and a round X at the main screen. Is it possible that I am not using the correct provisioning file? Pictures shown below

One thing I forgot to add was my freePBX config of the extension

Hi, 

Its very difficult to say whats happening without looking at the logs. 

Please take a look under voice-->ext1 and make sure the correct details are being pulled from the server. 

It looks like the phone is downloading something from the server but failing registration. Maybe user id and/or password are wrong? 

Attached are the two log files pulled. Maybe this will help in finding a solution

Hi 

There are no SIP register messages on the logs. 

Geovani

theislandtech
Level 1
Level 1

I found that using pjsip you need to add the port number after the proxy ex: aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd:5061