Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Destination Profiles not working

paulmciver
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am going crazy with trying to setup RDP for a single user on a lab system and I cannot for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong.
Hopefully this will give you enough information but this is an incredibly basic system;

I have a end user with the "Enable Mobility" check box ticked
I have associated a Primary User Device - is this required, there is no Extension Mobility but i did it anyway as part of my troubleshooting?
I have created a RDP, associated my end user and gave it the one and only CSS that is configured at the momemnt, this CSS access to call every device configured in the system as there are only two partitions.
I have created and associated a remote destination with the primary line on this phone.

Now this is where I am not sure of things, does the destination need to be an external number? In the real world this seems to be the common configuration so everything i read talks about mobile numbers etc.

I don't have the ability to setup external devices but I do have other clusters that can be called via an ICT however no matter whether i set just another extension on this cluster or an extension that can be called by the phone with the same CSS on another cluster it just doesnt ring any other destination.

Hopefully It's something simple i have missed but i can't for the life of me spot it, any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Paul

Is that you from Arc?

Basically a pre-req for SNR/RDP is that the target must be either:

- over an ISDN link (e.g. QSIG/E1/T1/etc)

- over an ICT (inter cluster trunk)

It can't be an on-cluster destination.

The other common mistake (that I make anyway) is not checking the 'mobile connect' check box on the RD, as that basically turns the feature on and off.

Also make sure you have added a shared line to the RDP with the intended desk phone DN, and that you have set the 'rerouting' CSS on the RDP, not just the CSS.

That's all that springs to mind right now..

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Paul

Is that you from Arc?

Basically a pre-req for SNR/RDP is that the target must be either:

- over an ISDN link (e.g. QSIG/E1/T1/etc)

- over an ICT (inter cluster trunk)

It can't be an on-cluster destination.

The other common mistake (that I make anyway) is not checking the 'mobile connect' check box on the RD, as that basically turns the feature on and off.

Also make sure you have added a shared line to the RDP with the intended desk phone DN, and that you have set the 'rerouting' CSS on the RDP, not just the CSS.

That's all that springs to mind right now..

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Yes it is the very same, havent spoken in a while so hope your well.

Mobile connect was the issue, I had tried that but i think it was at a stage when i was trying just a phone on cluster. Soon as I changed this to a phone from another cluster its started working, can't believe how close I was.

Interestingly though my 'rerouting CSS' is still set to none with it working but as long as its working thats good.

Shame a couple of hours worth of troubleshooting and this one post has led to a single test to prove something is now working.

Thanks Again!

Glad you have it sorted...

Are you still with Arc?