cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote UCCX 7 agents

JASON WELCH
Level 1
Level 1

Currently we have several UCCX agents working from home as a remote agent pilot program.  These agents have broadband Internet connections, AnyConnect VPN client, CAD and CIPC.  The only issues we've had so far is when there is a service inturruption with either their ISP or the VPN connection.  The CIPC seems to have a hard time recovering from these interruptions which manifests with garbled and one way audio on the next call.  When this happens the CIPC will hang and actually has to be kill -9'd and restarted.  After the application is restarted, all is good.  This happens frequently enough , maybe once in a nine hour shift, that I'm researching other options for these remote agents.  I've thought about giving them 79xx phones but that would require we give them an ISR and site-to-site VPN instead of the AnyConnect....just more equipment to support remotely.

Have some of you run into this situation?  What solutions have you tried?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you have.

2 Replies 2

Steven Griffin
Level 4
Level 4

Jason,

I've used PhoneProxy for 7942/62 and 45/65 models to have a remote hardphone for agents and then AnyConnect for the CAD to connect.  It works well but you cannot record conversations even if you sniff traffic on the head-end.

I've used PhoneVPN with 7945/65's connected to CUCM 8/UCCX 8 and then AnyConnect for the CAD to connect.  It works well too and you can record.

-Steven

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!

Thank you very much for the information.  I'll take a look at both those options, though we are running UCM 7.1.3 and UCCX 7.0, so the second option will have to wait a bit.

Thank you again for the advice.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: