cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacing a Subscriber without the COP files CUCM 8.6.2.2000

jesusjimenez1
Level 1
Level 1

hi experts! I need your help with this. I have a CUCM 8.6.2.2000, (yes,I know, it's a very old server, we are working to replace it for a new 12.5 cucm, meanwhile...) in a cluster with a Publisher server and one subscriber server. Recently we had a few of electrical issues and the suscriber server failed. Now we need to recover that server replacing it for a new virtual server

So, we got the old version 8.6.2.2000 ISO file but we can't find the COP files to load firmware of the phones. I've been created a DRS backup but it seems like the COP files aren't there.

I have questions to how to replace the subscriber server:

Can I get that COP files from Publisher server and then try to upload them to the new subscriber server?

What If I can't find those COP files, can I restore the subscriber then register the phones to the subscriber?

There's a place where I can download the COP files that I need to the new subscriber?

These are the files that I see in the Publisher server but not in the subscriber:

Active Version Installed Software Options:
cmterm-7945_7965-sccp.9-2-1.cop
cmterm-iphone-install-141122.cop
ciscocm.refresh_upgrade_v1.0.cop
cmterm-7970_7971-sccp.9-2-1.cop
cmterm-ata-3.2.4-sccp.cop
cmterm-devicepack8.6.2.26149-1.cop
cmterm-7941_7961-sccp.9-2-1.cop
cmterm-7936-sccp.3-3-20.cop
cmterm-android_8.6.2v17b.cop

4 Replies 4

You cannot download it.

Response Signature

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Don't think you understand what a COP file is, so, no, you cannot download the COP file from other server.

You can try the downloads area from cisco.com for some of those which might still be available, for the FW files that are not be available due to EOS/EOL/LDOS, you can manually download the files and then upload them to the SUB.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

The refresh upgrade COP is still available for download, although in a later version.  I'm not actually sure you need it though, since from memory that needed to be applied on versions prior to 8.6.  So it may be left behind from an earlier upgrade.

For the phone firmware versions you just need the actual files that were contained in those COPs.  If you look at what load you are actually running on the phones at the moment, you can download the relevant files from the TFTP directory on the Publisher, and upload to TFTP on the new Subscriber.

You may also be able to install the newer "k3" versions of some of the COPs if those are all you can find.  To do this you would first need to install "ciscocm.version3-keys.cop.sgn".   I've not used that on 8.6 myself but the release notes say it is compatible.

Almost all the cop file you listed on  your post are firmware cop files except cmterm-devicepack8.6.2.26149-1.cop and ciscocm.refresh_upgrade_v1.0.cop. if you update the phone firmware that's enough . 

ciscocm.refresh_upgrade_v1.0.cop could be installed during the upgrade.

cmterm-devicepack8.6.2.26149-1.cop this is installed  to support 78xx,88XX and the latest Cisco phone models for CUCM version 8.6. search the links shared under your post  and if you don't find search last resort...

Response Signature