Views
Helpful
Replies

Reset voicemail password on 7940G series

services
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

My name is George.  I work for a local IT comapny and I have been tasked with working with our 7940G phone system.  I am totally out of my depth with this and I don't have the slightest idea where to start.  As expected my supervisors are of no use to me and have little to no information for me.

My number one priority I have is to reset the voicemail password on several phones.  I have been googling for several days and I cannot seem to figure out how to reset the password.  I have done factory resets by holding down the pound key while the phone boots up and entering the reset code.  I have tried both saving and not saving the network configuration but that had no effect on the issue.

What is it that I am missing?  Obviously, I am doing something wrong.  Can the passwords be reset locally at the phones themselves?  Does this need to be done through a web interface?  No one here seems to know how to access Call Manager.  Is there a default URL for the web interface?

Any assistance, information, ideas, or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you all for the time!  Have a great afternoon!

Respectfully,

George D.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

None of the passwords are actually configured on the phone, they're either configured on CUCM, or on your voicemail system (which most likely, is a separate box)

There's no default URL, you can just enter the IP of the server on a browser, and you'll get the options.

If you mean you want to change the PIN of the user, (change,not reset, this assumes you know the PIN) you should have the option once you log into your mailbox.

If you want to reset it, you do need to do it via the GUI, and need to access your box.

You need to find out in first place what you use for voicemail, and if that's also a Cisco product.

But you would need to access CUCM to do that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you very much, Jaime!  I appreciate your pointing me in the right direction!

I was finally provided the info I needed to get into the Unity console and reset the passwords.  Thanks so much for the help, Jaime!