Views
Helpful
Replies

ringback.wav file where do i find it callmanager

snahosany
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need the ringback.wav file used by call manager, i have CUCMBE ver 8. Can you please tell me where do i get this file in cucm?

If it is available through linux interface then how do i retrieve it, is it possible to get through the web interface.

Badly need this file.

Please help!!!

thanks

6 Replies 6

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately I don't think you can get the file just with CLI access, you'll need root access and only TAC provides it. You can SSH into CUCM and run a:

admin: file list activelog cm/tftpdata

The ringback is not there, it only has TFTP files such as ringtones and phone loads.

To see the actual ringback you need to be logged with a root account and run this:

[root@DTR1UC201 ~]# ls -ltr /usr/local/cm/moh/

AFAIK TAC only provides root acces in case of a bug or something that needs it and they are the ones that login to the system with root, not the customers... anyway you can open a TAC SR and ask if you want to

Regards,

Tere.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Most MoH files can also be found in the moh prep directory which you can view or download from with "file list activelog /mohprep/", and then download with "file get activelog /mohprep/*".

My issues is that i have a ringback.wav file, on computer it plays well but

when i upload it, and when it rings it gets distorted, i.e. breaking as it

goes along.

I do not know why, the file is 88 kbps.

Can someboby please help.

thanks

Hi

Not sure if 88kbps is the correct format. You should save the file as an 8-bit, 8khz, mono file, Windows Sound Recorder has this option if you 'save as'.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

hello,

can someone send me ringback tone.wav file?

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

Jorge Barrera
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

For cases like this when I was in need of a specific file like in your case ringback.wav or transcoding from G711 to G729 without the need to purchase additional software and with a simple copy and paste.  I have a windows version of callmanager 4.1.3 with access to the TFTP folder and the DropMOHFilesHere for file transcoding.  I can get multiple MOH and .wav files that will work under the CM Appliance version.

If you have access to a CM Windows Version you can get the file from there.

hth

Jbarrera