Views
Helpful
Replies

Ringtones

opnineopnine
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I would like to know how I can restrict users from change the ringtones on the cisco phones.

Thanks. 

12 Replies 12

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

CUCM or CME?

Hello.

Sorry CUCM .

Regards

OK

Select a phone and go to the bottom part "Product Specific Configuration Layout" Here is an option "Settings Access" and select what you want, restart the phone and test

Bye

JH

Hello JH

I cant find where to do the restriction.

Regards

It's at the bottom of the page.... did you search for "Settings Access"?  What type of phone is this?

setting access is enable and the phone type is Cisco 9971, but when I go to the phone options, I have the message "cant get additional tones from the server"

What are you trying to do?  Your original post said you wanted to restrict ring tone access which requires you to disable the settings access on the CUCM page.  Is there a problem with restricting access or actually selecting a ringtone?

I have some user that needs to be restricted to change ringtones and some not.

Ok, then both mine and huizinga's advice applies.  Go into the CUCM and disable settings access for the phone in question.

not working. with your steps I only remove the settings options. 

but thanks any way.

Brandon Pierce
Level 4
Level 4

Device --> Phone --> "Your phone" --> Settings Access = "Disabled"

Hello

follow the below steps

kindly check as Correct answer if it Support you

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7962g_7961g_7961g-ge_7942g_7941g_7941g-ge/9_0/english/user_guide/P746_BK_I8055398_00_ip-phone-7941g-7941gge-7942-7961g-7961gge-7962-userguide/P746_BK_I8055398_00_ip-phone-7941g-7941gge-7942-7961g-7961gge-7962-userguide_chapter_0101.html#P746_TK_C635A2CC_00

to access the phone after step one press **#

to unlock the settings !

Change Ringtone Per Line

Procedure

Step 1  Choose > User Preferences > Rings.
    Step 2  Choose a phone line or the default ring setting.
    Step 3  Choose a ringtone to play a sample of it.
    Step 4  

Press Select and Save to set the ringtone, or press Cancel.