cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rolling calls from one phone to another and then to voicemail

cis-admins
Level 1
Level 1

what is the best way to roll a main number to 3 other numbers and then to a common voicemail box when it is not picked up

24 Replies 24

Forward hunt no answer and forward hunt busy are set to the offices main number(I will call 1) and the hunt pilot number is a different number(I will call number 2) . Not sure about the ring portion trying to obtain that information, but what number should they be dialing the hunt pilot number (2) or the "Forward hunt no answer and forward hunt busy"(1) number?

I went to route plan report in call manager (Call Routing --> Route Plan Report) and search for number 1 and number 2 and I found a directory number configured for both numbers.

So call flow should look like this:

Main Number (xxx-xxx-xxxx) is translating to Hunt Pilot Number.  Hunt Pilot then distributes call to Line Group (extensions associated to line group).  You have it configured to distribute top down. If call is not answered or busy and you want the call to go to voicemail, then you need to have a CTI Route Point configured that is forwarding all calls to voicemail.

From your explanation - main number is called, rings line group extensions, if no answer routes call back to main line extension. Is there a mailbox configured for that extension in Unity?  

So where does it show me that when they call the main number it translated to the hunt pilot number? I went into unity and searched under users for the main line extension and I did not find a voicemail box for the main line extension, so I would say no there is no voicemail associated with the main line extension unless I am looking in the wrong place. I also searched by the hunt pilot number and found no voicemail box

I was able to get the calls to roll between the three extensions but now they want the call to go to the voicemail for a specific and different voicemail for each number mail box not a general

Good News!  and bad.  I am unsure if I understand the request.  They no longer want the calls, if unanswered to go to a general mailbox correct?  Are there different inbound numbers that route to the same hunt group and if a call from one number is not answered it should go to mailbox A, if unanswered from a different inbound number, go to mailbox B?

There are 3 numbers that are connected to the main number(40), when they call the main number they get 3 options to choose from opt1(41) no answer or busy it goes to 42 and then 43, if none of those pick up they want it to go to 41's voicemail.  opt2 (42) no answer or busy it goes to 41 and then 43,f none of those pick up they want it to go to 42's voicemail. opt3 (43) no answer or busy it goes to 41 and then 42,f none of those pick up they want it to go to 43's voicemail. there is a general voicemail box for the main number 40 but they don't want to use it but they want it to have the individuals extension voicemail to pick it up instead.

I understand now.  I would prefer to use UCCX scripting for this but seeing that is not an option, I think your best bet is to create three separate hunt pilots.  So you said the caller has three options to choose from when they call in and I assume they manually select option 1, 2 or 3.  

Option 1 - Create Line Group, Hunt List, Hunt Pilot.  Line Group will use top down distribution with this order. (41) (42) (43).  Hunt pilot will have forward hunt no answer and Hunt Busy to fwd calls to (41) voicemail.  Route option 1 to this Hunt Pilot.

Option 2 - Create Line Group, Hunt List, Hunt Pilot.  Line Group will use top down distribution with this order. (42) (41) (43).  Hunt pilot will have forward hunt no answer and Hunt Busy to fwd calls to (42) voicemail. Route option 2 to this Hunt Pilot.

Option 3 - Create Line Group, Hunt List, Hunt Pilot.  Line Group will use top down distribution with this order. (43) (41) (42).  Hunt pilot will have forward hunt no answer and Hunt Busy to fwd calls to (43) voicemail. Route option 3 to this Hunt Pilot.

Maybe there is a better way but I cannot think of any.

I already tried that a week or two ago and it didn't work

I really believe that is the only way to achieve this.  Especially if you want a specific order for each option.  What was the issue when you tried this?  Not going to the right voicemail box?  

The issue I had was that it doesn't seem to be going to any voicemail box. I also need to see if the main number voicemail box works.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: