cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route external incoming call to another system

SteveK066
Level 1
Level 1

We have CUCM System version: 11.5.1.23900-30. The legacy phone system has several T1s where the majority of the DIDs are routed to. We have some going directly to CUCM, the majority of those to a Call Handler in Unity for a menu. There's a few Call Handler destinations that have since been eliminated, and the incoming call routes directly to the legacy AT&T phone system and rings the extension. I wonder where that routing would be defined in CUCM? I've looked at many entries in Call Routing but haven't found it yet.

Along with that, where else can I see extensions that are not Cisco endpoints and are routed to the legacy system? If a Directory Number is not defined as a Cisco endpoint, by default it routes to the AT&T system. If I change an AT&T phone to a Cisco device, I must route the number to Cisco in the AT&T system, but not vice-versa.

I thought the most likely place would be Call Routing/Directory Number. I do see Cisco device and Call Handlers there, but no phone numbers that still reside in the AT&T system. I don't need to change anything, would just like to know where they're defined.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

SIP Route Patterns and Route Patterns are two completely different configuration items with totally separate use cases. What I referred to is Route Patterns. These are used to send calls by called number to something outside of CM, like to your AT&T system. Anything related to call routing is within the menu structure Call Routing. Quite likely there is a wild card pattern that matches anything not present in CM and sends it to your other system.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Any external directed calls would be handled by Route Pattern(s). You mention Call Handlers, that’s not something that exists in CM, it’s a CUC configuration item.

Response Signature

I may have found the Route Pattern(s) you're referring to in Call Routing - Route/Hunt - Route Patterns with 'xxxx' after our area code and prefix. Maybe if a Directory Number match isn't found it references that entry and routes to the AT&T system.

Thanks for the reply.

SIP Route Patterns and Route Patterns are two completely different configuration items with totally separate use cases. What I referred to is Route Patterns. These are used to send calls by called number to something outside of CM, like to your AT&T system. Anything related to call routing is within the menu structure Call Routing. Quite likely there is a wild card pattern that matches anything not present in CM and sends it to your other system.

Response Signature

Ok thank you,

Happy Holidays!