Level 3
Level 3

hi All,

Internally I have 4 digit extensions in 7xxx, 2xxx

E1 public number DID subscribed from telco = 3227000 to 3227199

MGCP voice gateway

Objective as below

Outgoing call

Eg: All extensions starting with 2xxx eg, Ext 2323 makes outgoing call, calling party = 3227000

Direct Line DID

Eg: Ext 7199 outgoing call maps to 3227199

on my cucm i have configured it as below

RouteList

-RouteGroupMainLine

-RouteGroupDID

RouteRgMainLine

-Use calling Party's External Phone Number Mask = On

-Calling Party Transform Mask = 3227000

RouteRgDID

-Use calling Party's External Phone Number Mask = Off

-Calling Party Transform Mask = 322XXXX

I didnt quite work, as in whatever it will always only take RouteRgMainLine as priority since it is on top of the list.

Is there a better way to get this to work?

So basically eg i have 100 ip phones in the company, 80 phones will always dialout with caller ID  3227000, and the rest of the 20 phones are DID that needs to map to their last 4 digits

Appreciate any advise

5 Replies 5

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just one question and would be quite easy to translate your DID according to your need. I am assuming you using Gateway as well. If yes how GW is configured on CUCM is H.323/MGCP/SIP?

Br,
Nadeem Ahmed

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

i am using MGCP

will this be any difference interms of configuration on cucm if i were to change from using mgcp to h323 voice gateway?

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What you configured, is working as expected, but that's not what you need to configure.

2 route patterns, one for 7xxx lines, one for 2xxx lines, configure calling party transformations as required at RP level. Adjust CSS and partitions so they reach the RP they need to.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

There are many ways to do this. Jaime suggested one. Personally, I prefer to do the following:

1. Create Calling Party Transformation to match 2xxx and use the mask as 3227000

2. Create Calling Party Transformation to match 7xxx and use the mas as 3227xxx

3. Assign Transformation Rules to same PT (e.g. xforming-PT)

4. On your MGCP Gateway assign Calling Party Transformation CSS which can access this PT (e.g. xforming-css which contains xforming-pt)

5. On your MGCP gateway make sure that you uncheck 'Use Device Pool Calling Party Transformation CSS'

This way there is no need to duplicate your route patterns and you will have cleaner dialplan.

On a side note, I don't prefer to use MGCP with E1 as it has very limited support. The way to go is SIP which is rich support