Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Next Hop By Calling Party Number

JustForVoice_2
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I have a request from my customer and I did not test this before. Could you please correct me if I am wrong. The call flow will be as below:

PBX<--PRI--> GW01>>CUCM>>GW02 (SIP Trunk to Telco)

I want to do one-to-one mapping for calling numbers from PBX extensions to SIP range. Example:

PBX Ext:123 places a call to 11223344 Called number

To route the calls in Telco network over SIP I have to send the following

Calling:88995

Called:11223344

In other words i have to change calling from 123 to 88995. called number keep it as is.

To do this I'm thinking to do the following:

Calls from PBX to GW01 to CUCM, keep it as is no changes.

In CUCM I will create general TP (!) to match every thing and I will enable  Route Next Hop By Calling Party Number 

Then I will create another TP to match the calling number which is 123 and in the digit manipulation for calling number part I will change it to 88995

Then the call will be sent to GW2 to Telco 

Is it OK?

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You must use the Calling Party Transformation CSS and Patterns which will fit your requirement.

Just create additional PT and CSS and Create the transformation 123 to 88995. Apply the same on the gateway page under Devices>Gateway in CUCM. 

Thanks

Haris

Thank you Haris,

It's brilliant idea.

Can I consider this as a second option that I can use? In other words if used the scenario that I mentioned in my first post, does it work?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: