Views
Helpful
Replies

RTMT alert for threads exceeded in UCXN

Saima Harris
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

We are getting the following threshold alert from Unity Connection server. I've been advised to restart servers to reset the counters , I'd like to know is this something critical becasue the server has been scheduled to restart in couple of weeks and by that time this alert wouldn't cause it to crash?

Subject: [RTMT-ALERT-StandAloneCluster] TotalProcessesAndThreadsExceededThreshold

From Fri Dec 05 13:16:52 EDT 2012 to Fri Dec 05 13:17:52 EDT 2012 on node 1.1.1.1,  there are 1 TotalProcessesAndThreadsExceededThresholdStart alarm(s) and 1 TotalProcessesAndThreadsExceededThresholdEnd alarm(s) received.
On Fri Dec 05 13:17:29 EDT 2012, the last TotalProcessesAndThreadsExceededThresholdStart alarm generated:
NumberOfProcesses : 284
NumberOfThreads : 1717
Reason : Total processes and threads have exceeded the maximum tasks [2000] ProcessWithMostInstances : Process [unityoninit] has instances [53] ProcessWithMostThreads : Process [CuCsMgr] has Thread Count [394] AppID : Cisco RIS Data Collector ClusterID : StandAloneCluster NodeID : UCXN-1  TimeStamp : Fri Dec05 13:17:29 EDT 2012

+++

Any advise would be appreciated.

Saima

4 Replies 4

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Has the server been up for a long time? All this alert is saying is that your predefined threshold has been exceeded. You can log into the CLI and verify your processes for any leaks or high utilization.

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Can you let me know how I can check for process for leaks

What command I can use in CLI to verify .

Server has bene up for 14 days .

When I checked the processes in RTMT I noticed that Unityoninit has been taking a lot of shared memory , is that something critical that I shd be worried about ?

Please see the screenshot

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

To view the process using the most memory do "show process using-most memory"

If any process is utilizing all the available resources it can force the system to start turning off services until the server crashes (this is worse case).

Below is a link for commands on the CLI.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cli_ref/7_0_1/cli_ref.html#wp41388

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh