Views
Helpful
Replies

SCCP Controlled FXS Hook Flash Issue

shaucall46
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a cordless phone connected to a FXS and it is registered with CUCM 8.6 using STCAPP config which all works well.

However the user would like to transfer calls from the Cordless Phone to internall IP Phones.

Features have been enabled on the Gateway and according to feature set #2 should allow transfer.

When user pushes R (hookflash) on handset when on a live call they do not get dial tone as expected so unable to transfer.

Doing debug on Gateway it would seem that hookflash is being activated.

Hookflash of phone is 180ms which is with criterial for FXS port.

Any help appreciated.

8 Replies 8

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Is the "Maximum Number of Calls" more than 1 under the line settings.

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Also do you have "stcapp register capability 1/0/0 both" configured for the FXS port?

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Hi Yosh

Thanks for your prompte responses, after a couple of hours of fault finding I had then remembered about the "Maximum Number of Calls" on the line and changed this to 2 confident that was the issue, but still the same.

I do not have the "stcapp register capapbilty" command which I will test but my understanding that was related to modem settings, perhaps you can clarify whta that command does.

Phone itself works fine issue is only around hookflash and call transfer..

Device is at remote site so will test again next weem.

Thanks again

Hi,

In your original post you wrote that you did not receive dial tone after pressing the "R" (recall button). You need to find out whether your model of cordless phone supports "TIME BREAK" recall as this must be the case to use the hold/transfer features.

Regards,
Alex.
Please rate useful posts.

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Sorry I didn't realize that I pasted that comment here. You're correct the "stcapp register capability" is for modem settings.

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Correct no Dial Tone Heard, I am pretty sure R key (hookflash) is hitting the Gateway from the debug, perhaps someone can confirm.

To be sure I changed the hookflash settings so threshold was smaller than phone hookflash so FXS set to 200 - 50 and phone set to 300.

So during active call R pressed and call was disconnected which is what I expected to happen, any reverted config bag to default 1000 - 100.

So what is the difference with TIME BREAK? certainly no mention of that on spec of phone.

Hi,

Cisco FXS ports only support TIME BREAK recall - basically a short time break in the telephone to equipment loop.

However some telephes can only support eath/ground recall - where an earth/ground signal is sent to line for a short period- this type of recall will not work with Cisco FXS.

Regards,
Alex.
Please rate useful posts.

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Hi Alex

Looking at spec it does not say either or only says R Button = flash.

I will ask the site to get a phone which has TB/EG selectable to test and we can set to TIME BREAK and test again.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: