Replies

Screen sharing on desktop jabber to cisco dx650

Ajith Nayak
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

Hope you all are doing well !

I have couple of queries hope it will be resolved

We have cisco jabber on desktop installed which can call and do IM chat.
and we also have cisco dx 650 with VIP users we want to share the desktop screen with dx650 ip phone user.
That means if i have any document or presentation running on my desktop pc which I would like to show to dx650 user who has an external monitor connected or on his phone screen it self is it possible?

2)can we install jabber on windows base smart phones?

3.iPad and iPhone we can do a video calling. But is there  any other phones on which it is possible now? like samsung tab?

is it possible if yes than please share doc or steps to achive it.

Regards,

Ajith :) :)

1 Reply 1

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

For desktop share BFCP is used, make sure the SIP profile that is assigned to the DX650 has BFCP. I dont have a UCM in front of me right this second, but there might be a checkbox to check "Enable BFCP" right under the DX650 phone configuration in CUCM. This depends on the version of UCM. Also, the CSF for the windows client also needs BFCP enabled either under SIP profile or the device itself. Keep in mind that Jabber client needs to be on a softphone call to be able to share the desktop.

Windows Phone dont support Jabber.

Android based devices support Jabber but only a few of them. If you cant find the app in the play store from your device, then its not supported. However you can download the APK file from Cisco.com and install it. Its "supposed" to work but thats something you will have to try. 

Please rate useful posts.