cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Secondary Mac on UCM server

mmedwid
Level 3
Level 3

I was doing a port scan on my switch and notice that the port for my UCM server has two mac addresses.  And there is an IP address associated with each mac.  (See macs below.)  I went into Cisco Unified Operating System Administration and poked into Show Network and only the first mac address and IP are displayed there. I also looked at all the other show commands and I see no reference to the second mac address nor the second IP.  Can someone tell me what that is about?  Thanks.

E4:1F:13:77:74:C4          10.10.10.100

E4:1F:13:77:74:C6          10.10.10.101

3 Replies 3

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

What happens when you browse to the second IP?  Is this port directly connected to the server?  Is it virtualized?

I agree, there could be something up with (2) cables plugged in, but it was not setup correctly with eth0 failover, or it is setup for failover and this maybe how the OS sets up physical eth0 active/standby

This is a Cisco hardware device - a UCM 7825.  On the switch port to  which it is connected there are two mac addresses in the mac  address-table.  Both macs have an IP address associated in the arp cache  of same switch. 

But the thing is I can not find the second IP address or second mac in the UCM OS GUI.